Friday, 3 April 2015

Bye-Bye Blemishes

When I think of pesky pimples I immediately think of those terrible teen years where spots decided to set up camp on my face and really didn't want to leave! Back then my trusted brand was Clearasil and it makes me feel quite nostalgic as it was one of the very first cleansers I had ever used. It was definitley the spark that led me onto my passion and obsession with skincare!

Fast forward to a lot less spotty and hopefully slightly more wiser me, I have found myself loving a Clearasil cleanser again. I recently tried out the Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts Daily Scrub and said bye-bye to blemishes. Although I don't get pimples as often as I did in my teens I still want to keep my skin fresh, clean, clear and happy!

The cleanser can double as a wash and a light exfoliator which to me is like a 2 for 1 sale and who doesn't like 2 things for the price of one?! Just like any other wash you can lightly massage it into the face for a minute or two and then wash off with warm water and a muslin cloth.... or if your skin is needing a nice bit of exfoliation you can use the beads to gently exfoliate the skin.

What I look for in my cleansers is that it *must* deeply clean my skin but not be any of the following; stripping, drying or harsh on my 20-something skin! This cleanser ticks all my boxes and my skin is seriously happy and it actually feels hydrated after use. It's a dreamy creamy cleanser with tiny exfoliating beads and has a somewhat fruity scent. It also has Avocado, Pomegranate and Vitamin E to keep the skin nourished, which makes this formula friendly to all skin types!

For extra blemish fighting power I have also been reaching for my trusty spot treatment of the moment *drumroll please*.... the Clearasil Rapid Action Pimple Cream. It reduces redness and spots seem to go away a lot quicker too! It's always important to use protection from the sun but especially if your are treating acne because the sun can darken pigmentation left behind by pimples.... so don't forget that sunblock!

This duo has made sure I have not gained any new facial friends, it also has worked to make my pores more refined and has definitely made the overall look to my skin much clearer. So the new Vitamins & Extracts Daily scrub gets the two big thumbs up from me and I'm very intrigued to try the rest of the range. I would highly recommend it if you are in the shop for a good drugstore cleanser or skincare routine!

Oh, by the way if you are on the lookout for a Clearasil product here's a helpful link to their customised skin care guide which helps you to find Clearasil products that will suit your skin type.

I would love to know what your favourite drugstore cleanser is?

Jessica-Lee

Disclaimer:
I was lucky enough to get these products gifted to me for review and I want to let you know all my opinions are honest!




20 comments:

  1. I always wanted to try this, seems like it worked so good for many people x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend giving it a whirl! Thanks a lot for your comment :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I haven't really used Clearasil before, but I do know it as a brand for clearer skin. I may have to try something the next time I'm at the drugstore, I'm so tired of spotty skin! Though currently my biggest issue is acne scars... There's no winning.
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I have quite a bit of acne scaring! But I find exfoliating, vitamin C and Jojoba oil has done wonders for my dark spots ^_^ Thanks for your comment xoxo

      Delete
  3. I used to use Clearasil back in the day but it was a bit harsh on my skin back then! Maybe they've updated the formula since? I don't actually like any drugstore cleansers.. I sound like such a snob! I've tried so many but always come back to Clinique's liquid soap, I use the mild one and it's so good! It's about £12 I think? But it lasts me 6 months so not that bad! Great review :)

    Becca xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Clearasil back in the day but I do agree that it was a bit stripping! I love their new range it's seriously really nourishing :) No I do agree, it's difficult to find a good drugstore cleanser! I've actually tried that Clinique Liquid soap and I quite enjoyed it :) Thanks for your comment :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've only used that pimple cream, and it is definitely my favourite pimple fighting product!
    My brother has that cleanser..hmm I might go "borrow" it from him to try it out XD
    Mind checking out my review on some clearasil products? http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2015/04/clearasil-rapid-action-gel-wash-pimple.html
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Clearasil Rapid Action Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, definitely borrow it off your brother and give it a whirl! I always "borrow" my boyfriends cleanser! Thank you for your comment xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm glad this has worked for you! I'm currently on a mission to achieve clear skin by cutting out as many chemicals as I can. My current regime includes organic aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, jojoba oil, honey and lemon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love natural products! I actually used to use jojoba oil as a cleanser and on any acne scars :) That seriously sounds like an awesome mix of natural products!! Thanks Kim xoxo

      Delete
  6. These sound great I'm always looking for products to fight blemishes. My skin is pretty bad at the moment so I'll have to look into these. Great post

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This scrub never fails to make my skin baby soft! Quite enjoying these products :) Thanks a lot for your comment xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love Clearasil products in general, although I never tried out the ones you reviewed here.

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs a great brand for blemish prone skin! Thanks for your comment xo

      Delete
  8. Oooh, I've never tried Clearasil. I'm not sure that they sell them here, where I live, but I'll be on the look out!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely keep on the lookout! Thanks a lot for your comment :) xo

      Delete
  9. Never tried those but sound great <3 lovely review!!
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still enjoying using this over a month later! Thanks a lot for your kind comment xo

      Delete
  10. Hope I can find this brand where I live ;) I use the effeclar duo by Roche-Posay ! It's INCREDIBLE :) love it.

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try effeclar duo, I've heard some great things :) Thanks for the comment xo

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS